The BES Move SIG
The BES Move SIG formed in 2016 and is a Special Interest Group of the British Ecological Society dedicated to Movement Ecology research. We wish to provide a platform for facilitating exchange and collaborations in this wide-ranging, cross-disciplinary field.
We are a diverse group of biologists, ecologists, mathematicians, statisticians, computer scientists, engineers, and physicists! All members of the BES.
The aims of our group are to:
- Act as a central forum to unite researchers and help clarify conceptual and methodological misconceptions.
- Attract new Movement Ecology researchers.
- Guide the development of novel research, especially interdisciplinary research combining technical, computational, and theoretical developments to obtain a refined understanding of the role of organism movements in driving ecological processes.
We welcome you to join us!
- Secretary: Luca Börger
- Co-secretary: Samantha Patrick; Ulrike Schlägel
- Deputy Secretary: Jonathan Potts
- Treasurer: Garrett Street
- Early Careers & Training Rep: Marie Auger-Méthé
- Student Rep: Holly English
- Industry Liaison: Luca Börger
- Events/Workshops Rep: Jonathan Potts
- Communications & Online Resources Rep(s): Hamish Campbell & William Kay
The British Ecological Society is the oldest ecological society in the world. They have been fostering the science of ecology ever since they were established in 1913, and have 6,000 members around the world. They bring people together across regional, national and global scales to advance ecological science, and membership is open to anyone, anywhere. If you want to find out more about the BES you can visit their website, or follow them on Twitter or Instagram.